Friday, January 9, 2009

"That Dude"

We fellas have -"our dudes", "our homies", "family", "our aces".
...all monikers for "that cat" that has been through many years of stickin' in there with you. It takes alot (...and then it doesn't) to build and maintain these kinds of relationships... as we fellas tend not to keep "folks" too close. In fact, these relationships tend to form earlier in life. Times before we build up walls or put on costumes. Times when we find it easier to trust. I feel lucky in a lot of ways..."this DUDE" has been "my Brother" for more than 30 years now. That's a long time to get to know someone...I appreciate this guy a lot...

Kebbi Williams
Tenor Sax
Somewhere in Atlanta, Georgia
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Touching man! I was just in the barbershop this very morning (1/9/09) talking about how dudes after a certain age might meet other cats that are cool but the threshold of a true "partna" continues to grow because it always seems to be measured by the depth of the homeboys you already have. Thus, it is almost impossible to meet cats and welsome them into your core when measuring the depth of a new friendship against cats with real history, memorable history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting that this thought process is common amongst other men. I constantly am faced with the struggles of trying to find "real guys" to hang with and have some of the same philosophy's on life as I do. Finding "partnas" that are unsaturated by the worldly ways of life is complicated, so I find myself confiding alot to myself. There are a select few that I consider my "true friends" but we dont stay in the same state and is somewhat impersonal having gettogethers on the phone. Honestly, jus like finding a woman, God will guide you to where you need to be in life and who you need to have in you life.

    "Ya Englehart Partna"

    ReplyDelete