Monday, March 30, 2009

Introducing...YW SIMONE...





So it's been a while since i explored my affinity for fashion photography...a few months at least. So I now introduce YW Simone. These images were taken in Northwestern University's Englehart Hall. It just goes to show that with a little imagination, the world is a photographer's playground. Being the completely self taught photographer that i am, i pride myself in pulling my shoots together on a shoestring budget. No fancy studio rental, no thousand dollar lighting equipment, no hundred dollar muslim backdrops on my set. Now while i'm totally comfortable working with those kinda toys, i have the most fun when i keep it simple and rife with ingenuity. Just give me some music, a couple of inexpensive lighting aids from HomeDepot to supplement my strobes, and a fearless model, willing to trust my judgement, and we can make it happen. All comments welcomed and appreciated. More to come...afterall, you gotta see the shots from the moldy Parking Deck...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Absolute brilliance, Greg. You've captured and accentuated Simone's beauty, and you've even made Engelhart look darkly glamorous. That'd be a great shoot for a professional, let alone a self-described amateur. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...Let me correct you. I never have or would describe myself as an amatuer. While this site largely remains a destination for my random musings, it still serves as a marketing tool for my Photography BUSINESS!! I trust that this was a simple slip of the fingers rather than another pointed, conservative mincing of words, intended to provoke!! At any rate, thanks J. Thomas for your support, and I'll be seeing you around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slip of the fingers, indeed! No disrespect intended. I mistook amateur with self-taught. Nonetheless, your provocative, free-market, small government pal is constantly impressed with everything you present here at Ponderings. Keep up the great work, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that 1st shot is kick ass!

    ReplyDelete