Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kebbi Williams

I've had the privilege of photographically following Kebbi for most of his life. And I must say, on my last visit with him he's looking rather...bohemian. Now don't get me wrong, this is in no way an insult. First of all I love Him like my own brother. Second, 32 years buys you a little leverage in the ways you can speak about a person. And lastly, Kebbi is one of the most brilliant examples of being comfortable in the skin one is in... Musically it's interesting how the emotions of Life find their way into compositions. Visually it's interesting how those same emotions come through in our appearances. We all do it...deliberately un-kept afro when you're feeling a little rebellious, low cut fade when you're feeling dapper and in need of a cleaner look. We allow our appearance to both reveal and to mask certain elements of our lives. It's sometimes saddening how big a role our appearance plays in this world where so much can be done to cheat...I have no idea why I'm talking about this.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. i've always loved kebbi's music and knew that he had a craft that would go beyond MHS. but i would have never guessed this was him had you not said so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is the same Kebbi from school, huh. I thought he was Class of 92...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. brohamage, i totally fell what you're saying. as, i scratch my overgrown full beard now and look over at the alto sax and keyboard i bought to get my creative energy out.....both of yall are kindred spirits. i feel privileged to know yall. -trey mc

    ReplyDelete